Friday, October 7, 2011

Day #294 - Lily's soft heart (and good example)


I took a picture of this moment today because I thought it was so sweet. Lily can't stand to see anyone cry (even pretend cry). She immediately feels compassion for the person and will say, "I'm so sorry. Don't cry." Our little friend Ella got a soccer ball kicked in her nose during a soccer game and had to sit out a while till she felt better. She came off of the field bawling with tears streaming down her face. I felt so bad for her. It must have really hurt. Lily was playing on the grass and looked up at her with concern. She begged to sit on my lap next to her. Then she asked to sit on her lap and give her a hug, hoping to make her feel better. Poor Ella did continue to sob here and there, but I think it did help a little.

1 comment:

Amy said...

That is so precious that Lily is so tender hearted. What a sweetie.