Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day #307 - Primary Songs

Lily has become quite the singer. She sings all day long and I love it! I can't help but feel especially grateful for the primary songs she has learned. Each has a deep and true message that I hope she will carry with her for her whole life.

"I am like a star shining brightly. Shining for the whole world to see. I can do and say happy things each day for I know Heavenly Father loves me."

Knowing that God loves us gives us every reason to do and say happy things (to be positive) despite our challenges.

"I am a child of God and He has sent me here. Has given me an earthly home with parents kind and dear. Lead me. Guide me. Walk beside me. Help me find the way. Teach me all that I must do, to live with Him some day."

Joseph worked very hard to memorize a song for our primary program. He loves to sing it on command and I love to hear him sing it in his little high pitched voice.

"Jesus once was a little child, a little child like me. And He was pure and meek and mild as a little child should be. So little children, let's you and I try to be like him. Try. Try. Try."

1 comment:

Dave and Kristin Dirkmaat said...

So cute!!! Summer has finally started singing too and I love when I turn to hear her singing to herself as she plays quietly. Nothing is better than the sweetness of them singing the Primary songs. I often cry as a teacher in there, which is pathetic but I just think it is so cool to hear all the young children singing in unison about Jesus!