Friday, October 7, 2011
Day #292 - Miss Wheel Chair Competition
A friend of ours participated in the Ms. Wheelchair Competition last night. Lily, Anna, Eryn and I were able to go and support her for a portion of the night (Lily didn't last). I honestly didn't know what to expect. But I was impressed with everything. The whole event is so positive. I was especially inspired by each contestant's platform statement. I want Lily to know and live each of these. Maybe I will put some of them up in her room.
Your life isn't over when you can't walk or talk anymore. Spreading happiness starts with a smile. Celebrating Abilities. Gratitude - Attitude. You Can. Where there's a "Wheel," there's a way. I can make (or be) in a better world. My favorite: *** Stand tall with your Voice*** Be grateful for where God has placed you in life. There are two choices in life - laugh or cry. I chose to laugh! The Ability within your Personal Disability. Love to live, live to love. Gratitude is art.
The following came from the Jr. Wheelzz Contestants: After a Hurricane comes a Rainbow. Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon. There is Beauty all Around. We are all the same and nobody is different. I'm as strong as a Stallion. Always Believe in Yourself.
I am so grateful that there are so many great examples out there for Lily to follow on her journey!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
LOVE it!
This event is such a great idea!!! i love the quotes and the whole concept.
Post a Comment