Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day #22 Prayers Answered and Wishes Granted

I believe in the power of prayer. I have seen and felt it in my own life on many occasions. There have been times where the prayers of others (on my behalf) were so strong that I could feel them, thick around me, bearing me up.

I remember, during my pregnancy with Lily that I was in so much need of peace, wisdom and comfort. It was a time when I felt I needed the prayers of others desperately. I was so sure of their power that I couldn't help but desire that support. After a time I began to realize that because of my deep belief in the power of prayer, I could not allow myself to be so selfish and self-centered in prayer. How could I help others? Who could benefit from my prayers? It really was a deep realization for me, that my own prayers had value for someone else, just as others' prayers were such a palpable support for me.

I prayed this year for one little boy. His mother is my dear friend from college. I am pleased to share that he is cancer-free today after an intense summer full of trial and difficulty. Today I read this about him getting a wish granted. I just had to share.

Today I am grateful for prayers answered and wishes granted.

**I'm sharing gratitude every day on my blog for one full year! Read about The Gratitude Project and join me! It's not too late. :)

2 comments:

Kelly Nordfelt said...

Lani, I love reading your posts. Just so you know I am doing this too, but on my private "journal" blog. Thanks for the inspiration! I find myself thinking all day long, "What could I write about that I am thankful for." It's hard to just choose one!

Shannan said...

Wow! That mom must be SOOO awesome!
:) hahaha Thanks for linking to me that was really sweet.
i am thankful for you.