Sunday, December 12, 2010

Day #18 My Calling

Joel and I are the Choir Directors for our church choir. We LOVE it! Today was our last practice for the Ward Christmas Program and so we were pretty excited getting everything put together. It should be a nice program including choir, piano, narration, flute, cello and soloists.

I am grateful for my calling for a few reasons.

One of the main things that has always brought my husband and I together has been music. We met in High School choir and have always sung together since. So to be able to do this together brings us closer and makes us happy.

I studied music and voice in college. So to be able to use my skills feels good.

My dad was a choir conductor as a profession. So, I have many memories of him leading music as well as memories of singing under him as my conductor. I feel closer to him when I am leading music and I remember his example well. It also brings back a lot of great memories for me.

I LOVE working with the families. There are so many great and supportive people who come out and sing week after week. We have encouraged parents to bring their children with them to sing and it has been a joy to have the children take part in the choir experience as well.

Singing makes me happy.

I may not always have this calling, but for the time I am in it, I will love and enjoy it and feel grateful for the opportunity to share my talents.

No comments: