Saturday, July 30, 2011

Day #246 - My girls are taking Hula

We planned on raising our family in Hawaii. I loved my carefree childhood there and hoped for my own children to experience that same barefoot freedom. Joel and I also valued the good weather, the exposure to many cultures (including my husband's Tongan culture) and the people. Although it did not work out for us to raise the family there, we try to take advantage of any chance to introduce the culture to the kids.

Even though I grew up in Hawaii, I never took one Hula lesson. It is a beautiful dance and it has melted my heart to see my girls learn. Take a look at a short promotional video my brother-in-law Jake made for the dance studio. It includes my girls and their cousin dancing.

Click on this link: http://youtu.be/WYhKwDIHqNw

3 comments:

Corie said...

That video was great, and your girls are naturals! I actually saw this group perform at a benefit carnival a few weeks ago. What a great thing to introduce your daughters to. They will always be grateful you did.

Dave and Kristin Dirkmaat said...

Love it!!!! I want my girls to do it when they get older! I loved my whole Hula experience! Such a beautiful dancing style!

Hoku said...

LOVED Anna's enthusiasm; she IS a natural! She's even got the Merrie Monarch smile going! And good job Eryn! Very cute.