Tuesday, July 5, 2011
Day #203 - Lily's Eating has Improved
Lily has never been a great eater. She had a long period where she really struggled to progress in her eating as a baby. She couldn't handle foods with any texture. But, we overcame that with the help of an Occupational Therapist. Lately she has been so hard to get to eat well. In fact she hasn't gained weight in like a year. I talked to the nutritionist at PCMC and she gave me some great suggestions. We are giving her more smoothies (which she loves) and letting her drink carnation instant breakfast (instead of quik). We got a call from the nurse practitioner following our visit because she was very concerned about Lily. She and the nutritionist feel that she needs eating therapy again. The funny thing is, on the way home from the hospital, after talking to the nutritionist, I gave Lily a bag of cheetos and she ate the whole bag! I know, not healthy, but that's a lot for her to eat in one sitting. From that point on, she has just been eating MORE. I am so grateful! Hopefully she is finally gaining weight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment