Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day #207 - Scripture Study

***I shared my testimony about this on Sunday, but I wanted to write this down for my own personal record.

I have been trying to study the scriptures more lately. In the past I have tried waking up before my kids to read, but no matter how quiet I am they always sense that someone is awake and then they wake up even earlier! So when Lily wakes me up pretty early, I put Dora on for her and then I pull out my scriptures and read. Some days I get in more reading than others, but it has been a nice way to start my day. I have really noticed a difference in my days because of that study. In fact, it has been like opening a door in my heart and mind for the spirit to enter. I have seen a big connection between studying the scriptures and personal inspiration. I have been able to recognize the whisperings of the spirit in my life. This has been something I have struggled with in the past (I think we all do) - recognizing divine guidance in my life. But it has become clear to me where specific thoughts and impressions have come from. I am so grateful for those whisperings that have come to me. I have felt more determined to follow those thoughts and ideas, knowing where they have come from. It is unbelievable to me how well the Lord knows me personally and is willing to help me with worries I never even voiced in prayer.

No comments: