Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day #225 - Study Abroad

When I was 19 years old I went on a Study Abroad through BYU to London. I went with a group of about forty students and three teachers and we lived there for two months. It was one of the best experiences of my life. I was able to study art, architecture and Shakespeare, attend classical music concerts, see broadway shows, visit museums, parks, cathedrals and so much more. It was a wonderful time for me to see the world, gain more independence and to LEARN! I have so many wonderful memories of my time in England. The unique thing about my time there was the TIME. I was able to see things a little more slowly because I was there for so long. I could also explore places and visit them more than once. What a blessing for my life! I know that I got married at a young age, but I honestly felt like I had seen and done a lot before that point because of this experience (and my mission to Guatemala).

No comments: