Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day #223 - Friends

Our close friends and neighbors, the Gassaways stepped in and helped us out this morning. Joel was in charge of getting volunteers for a 5k fundraiser for our support group, but at the last minute about 15 people backed out. When the Gassaways found out, they volunteered to come at 8am and help wherever we needed them. I don't know what I would do without this great family. They step in and help me constantly.

The event was a success and so much fun. It was a great way to start out the 4th of July!


Our sponsor "Bula" was able to get two contestants from the Biggest Loser to head off the race.




Here is my group of professional cheerers for the race. Our role was to keep the runners motivated and to help them enjoy the race. We were super obnoxious and loud, playing Lady Gaga music, doing cartwheels, playing loud instruments, chanting and cheering. It was a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Melanie Parker said...

I am bummed we missed it - it would have been fun to participate. :)