Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Day #237 - Medical Help
Joseph has been turning up the volume really loud on the TV lately. It's been driving everyone crazy in the house. We have also had to repeat things to him over and over. He's constantly been saying, "what?" as a response to everything we say. It's been about two weeks of this. Finally I got sick of practically yelling to get his attention and we got him in to the doctor. Turns out he has an ear infection in one hear and a huge wax build up in the other that had to be totally flushed out. Poor guy. Aren't ear infections supposed to hurt?? Anyway, I am grateful we figured that one out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Glad you finally figured it out and that it was not hearing loss. That was my concern. Love you guys.
Good thing it wasn't anything permanent! I got a great otoscope called "Dr. Mom" (I think?) on Amazon that wasn't very expensive and it's been really helpful for recognizing ear infections in my kids at home. When I first got it I just "spocked" their ears to see what it looks like normally. My baby, Teanua, also has problems with earwax buildup(gross right?) but the otoscope helps me locate it and then get it out with one of those scoopy-looking devices so I don't have to go to the doctors every time (because, apparently) Q-tips only push the wax closer to the eardrum where it can harden, making it even more difficult to remove.
Post a Comment