Monday, March 14, 2011

Day #110 - Joel Travels

So. . . it's hard for me to be grateful that Joel travels. I miss him and I miss his help with the kids and everyday stuff. The kids miss him when he is gone, too. But, here is my silver lining gratitude for his travel: I get to be alone. I am a person who likes quiet and sometimes I long to be alone (I must get this from my dad). Sometimes Joel has to take all of the kids on an outing just so I can have some quiet, down-time. This has been a pattern for years. So, with Joel gone two and three days at a time, I do get some alone time at nights. It is nice for the most part. But in general, I get my fill and I look forward to having my partner back home by my side on the couch when the kids are in bed watching Hawaii 5-0. :)

3 comments:

RATCH said...

I just wanted you to know that I love reading you blog... You always uplift me :)

Hoku said...

Amen to that!!! Jerry's been gone about three weeks and will come home after two months. Boo. Not sure what will happen after that. Jerry may be gone for another two or three months. Trying to be strong but I got sick, pimples, and a bloody nose and I think it's from stress and fatigue. Like you, I'm eager for my husband's return. One day at a time, right?

Smiths said...

I totally understand! I kind of dread the thought of Micah leaving, but revel in the decision of what I'll do with my "me time". I watched Eclipse last time. I'll have to check out Hawaii 5-0 :)

Thank you for being so open about your experiences with Lily, and as a Mom. I find so much comfort and feel completely uplifted from reading.