Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day #115 - Dalynne

Dalynne and Lily on Lily's first birthday.

My friend Dalynne invited Joel and I to see a musical tonight. We had a wonderful time. I am so grateful for Dalynne in my life. She is the first person I thought of when we received Lily's diagnosis. She is the only person I had ever known with spina bifida. That knowledge alone was a great comfort to me in those difficult moments. We spent a handful of years growing up together on the same street. We went to church and school together and our families were friends (still are). What a blessing. And she continues to bless my life today as a friend and a good example.

1 comment:

Dalynne said...

I'm so glad you could come. It was a fun night. We'll have to do that again sometime. I'm grateful for your friendship also.