Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day #96 - Primary Teachers

My little cowboy.

Joseph came home from church yesterday and went into the bathroom. He saw his sister running water in the sink and said, "you know water can come from a rock?" Later we asked him, "how do you get the water from a rock?" then he said, "you hit it with a stick." I knew that he learned about being grateful for water in church and as we talked a little further, we realized that he had been taught about Moses.

Joseph is a really active boy. We struggle to get him to listen and to respond to the things we teach him. So it is so nice to see that he is learning something. :) More importantly, the past year has been a struggle to get him to pray and the past few weeks, he has been volunteering to pray. I am so grateful for his primary teachers and for their dedication to their calling (thanks Kristin :) ). It is really making a difference for little Joseph.

1 comment:

Dave and Kristin Dirkmaat said...

You are so sweet Meilani! I am crying now because you don't even understand what a blessing this been in our lives. These children are our future and they have such a sweet spirit about them. I am so glad that you told me this story because now when I think maybe none of them are listening-I realize that they probably are listening more then I know! Joseph is such a sweetie and it will be so fun to watch him grow and learn as neighbors.