Saturday, September 10, 2011

Day #276 - Personalized Care

We were at Spina Bifida Clinic recently and I talked with one of the nurses about bowel training for Lily. She seems to think that Lily is old enough to work on getting her on what they call a bowl program. I will spare everyone the details. The great thing is that the clinic offers one on one help. We set up an appointment with the nurse practitioner (Paula) who met with us and listened to everything that Lily is doing, learned about our family situation and then helped create a plan tailored to us. After meeting with Paula today I was very happy with the goals that we set. It will also be nice to be able to speak with her over the phone for some follow up support (believe me we will need it!). This is going to be a long process, but hopefully it will help with Lily's over all health. I have already bought her a little potty (with a good back support for her to sit well) and she is cooperating with sitting on the potty for a few minutes at a time. She thinks that she is a really big girl. In the week that we have worked with this potty, I have already noticed an increase in her appetite. So I am pleased and hoping for the best.

1 comment:

Dalynne said...

I love Paula! PCMC will fall apart if she ever retires! :)