Friday, September 9, 2011

Day #270 - A New Calling

Joel just recently got called as Elders Quorum President. This calling is definitely going to be a big time commitment for Joel and in turn for me (not having him around). It's been a bit of an adjustment for all of us. But despite the rough change, I feel extremely grateful for the opportunity it gives Joel to be involved in service. I just pray for the strength to not complain when he is gone more often.

1 comment:

Hoku said...

Jerry was just recently released from the bishopric and it WAS a bit of a sacrifice (especially during sacrament meeting) but we feel like our family was really blessed and protected in return.

I just want you to know that I've been struggling and frustrated with some of the things my kids have been going through. For example, my baby is way, WAY behind with the development of his speech articulation so this is the third child I'm having to spend countless hours with on speech therapy (Tamahere's improved tons but he still gets speech as well). Reading your blog always uplifts me and reminds me that EVERY family has their struggles, and that Heavenly Father gives us the strength we need one day at a time.