Friday, September 9, 2011

Day #262 - My Life (Aug. 12th)

Today was our 11th anniversary. My girls caught wind of our anniversary a few days ago and have been scheming and planning things that they could do for us. They asked to sleep upstairs so that when Lily woke up, they could hear her and get her. So bright and early the next morning when Lily made the tiniest peep I could here their little feet scurrying down the hall to take care of her. Then I could hear their little voices quieting her down and asking her to put her hand on a paper so that they could trace it. About an hour later they woke us up and called us over for breakfast. They had set the table for breakfast, folded laundry, cleaned up and each made cards for us. As I sat at the breakfast table with all of those sweet faces smiling at me, I felt happy. Eleven years ago I never would have imagined that we would be where we are today in so many ways. Life has taken us on lots of surprising twists and turns. But, honestly I always hoped for a sweet and loving family - and that's just what we have! Not perfect by any means - but wonderful just the same. I love my life.

P.S. I am also so grateful for Anna who was basically the mastermind behind this morning. She is really thoughtful and talented at making big plans. :)

3 comments:

Dave and Kristin Dirkmaat said...

This is so sweet it brought tears to my eyes!!! What amazing kids you have raised to know how special of a day that was for you and to really try to make it wonderful. You can tell that you are great parents for them to put in this work to make you happy! Happy Anniversary!

Corie said...

That is incredible. Sounds like one of those "gift" moments in parenting and life in general. So sweet & so thoughtful. Happy anniversary!

Amy said...

Okay, that is so sweet. Anna is too cute with all her ideas and plans. I so wish that she and Aubrey could live near each other. I can't wait to come in October!!!