I have been thinking a lot about what it is that keeps me together when things get tough. When trials and difficulties are staring me in the face, what gets me through? Obviously, prayer, the support of friends and family, love for my life and my family are all things that keep me going. In my heart the number one thing that keeps me grounded when everything else seems so uncertain is my testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
A testimony is really just a personal knowledge of what is true. I would like to share a portion of my testimony with all of you. This is what keeps me going.
I know that God lives and that he loves his children (each of us). Even though we are sometimes in the middle of very difficult trials that seem to indicate that he does not care or that he is unaware, I know that he is highly aware of us. I have seen it in my own life too many times to deny it.
I know that Jesus is the Christ. He suffered and died for our sins so that we can return to live with God again. His sacrifice blesses my life every day. He alone brings me a great sense of hope for myself and for my family. This is two fold. First, in the physical sense, I know that Lily's little broken body will be made whole again through Jesus Christ. She may not enjoy the full use of her body here on this earth, but she will most definitely be restored to a complete and perfect body at the resurrection. Second, I feel such hope in the fact that my sins and mistakes can be forgiven and literally erased through Christ.
I know that my prayers are heard and answered. I have had many prayers answered literally by a knock at my door from a friend or neighbor. Other times it has been through very clear thoughts and whisperings of the spirit. Knowing this, has been a great strength to me. I have so much more to learn and understand, but this is a clear and sure knowledge to my heart. God hears and answers our prayers.
I know that the Priesthood is real and its power is on the earth today. Joel and his father and my father and others holding the Priesthood have blessed me and my family through countless blessings and other acts of service. I know that it is real and that it has the power to heal, comfort and bless us. I have relied on the Priesthood in times of deep difficulty and high anxiety. Thankfully, my testimony of the Priesthood and its power started at a young age, and I have never forgotten it.
There is so much more I could say. These are some of the things that strongly motivate me to press forward through difficult times (and happy times, too). I am so grateful for these truths and blessed by my personal testimony of them every day.
If you don't already know, I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Learn more about what I believe here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment