Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day #149 - Opportunities to be involved

I love the school my girls attend. There is a tradition of parent involvement there that I appreciate. When Anna went to school in Waipio, Hi, parent volunteers were encouraged to come maybe once a year outside of fieldtrips. I always wanted to be more involved. Here at Reading Elementary parents are encouraged to come in regularly to help with parties, tutoring, special programs and so on. I have been volunteering in Anna's 3rd grade class once a week this year and have really enjoyed the opportunity. I like seeing how her classroom is run as well as having a more open communication with her teacher. I am also able to gauge how Anna is doing compared to other kids her age.


Today Anna's class made Easter Trains out of candy. Each child had a parent there helping them with their project and then got to leave school a little early.

No comments: