Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day #148 - Family Scripture Study

We have gotten into a pretty regular routine of scripture study as a family this year. We read for about fifteen minutes every school day at about 7am. I would love to say that they are 15 minutes of heaven, but they are not. Some days I find it very difficult to get things to run smoothly. But it is such a blessing to have a daily opportunity to share my feelings about the gospel with my children. We take turns bearing a short testimony (one person per day) and I love the opportunity to testify of the truthfulness of the scriptures. Mostly it feels worth doing when I look at what we have done collectively (looking back over months of reading). This reminds me of the talk Elder Bednar gave not too long ago. He described each family prayer, each session of scripture study, each gospel discussion etc. as individual strokes in a painting. It is only after many strokes that the masterpiece is finally revealed. Hopefully our small efforts will make a positive difference in all of our lives.

No comments: