Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day #55 - Melted Snow

Anna's friend, Lily, Anna and Jojo in the background.

The snow has completely melted around our house revealing all of the leaves that were never raked up. So. . . the kids and I got to go outside and work together raking up wet leaves. Lily actually got to use her wheelchair for the first time in our backyard. As it turns out takes quite a bit of effort for her to push her chair on the grass, but she enjoyed trying. She actually helped us with the leaves by holding open the bags while we filled them up. I loved that. Jojo also helped pick up piles of wet leaves with his bare hands to store in the bags. It was the first time he has ever really pitched in and helped with any chore.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

They are so cute!

Hoku said...

Gotta get Jojo some more chores then! Taking out the trash (and religning all the little bags in each room), whiping the toilet, cleaning the mirrors, and setting the table for dinner are some of the things my kids help with on a regular basis. Just ideas for you think about. ;)

Dave and Kristin Dirkmaat said...

Hi buddy!!!! I love Anna! She and Sadie came over and raked our front yard! I don't know if you gave them the idea but it seriously melted my heart! I think it is so neat when young children already want to serve others! I miss those girls in Activity Days but will enjoy getting to know my Sunbeams! I absolutely love your gratitude posts! You are an amazing mommy and you and Joel do a great job! We love you guys and your kids!

Amy said...

I am so jealous that Anna has such a close friend like Sadie to play with all the time. That is the thing that I wish more than anything for Aubrey.