This year Anna and I brought in the new year together. We were the only ones who wanted to stay up, so we played a variety of games trying to keep ourselves awake. Then when it got close to midnight, we walked outside and around the corner to view the neighbors' fireworks. Joel woke up at that point to join us.
I love the New Year. I am not a big fan of the fireworks and the late parties, but I like the sense of a fresh start the new year brings. I love to re-evaluate my life and my family's habits to find ways we can improve.
Writing gratitude every day on my blog is one of my goals for the new year. I started the goal over a month ago, but planned to carry it on throughout 2011. So far I am loving the opportunity to reflect on my days and find the good. It is already proving to me that despite whatever difficulty a day may give you, there is always something to be grateful for (more often there have been MANY things to be grateful for). It has actually been difficult to choose what to highlight some days. You can read more about my Gratitude Project HERE.
Happy New Year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment