Eryn brought a baggy full of these little stripey seeds today. She very excitedly told me that she collected them from around the track at recess. A friend told her that they were Wishing Seeds. All she had to do was wish on one and bury it. If it grew into a plant her wish would come true. She couldn't wait to wish and plant some in the backyard. I thought it was sweet and allowed her to go for it with a little warning that seeds don't usually grow in the winter. When she came back in I asked her what she wished for. Her answer was this, "I wished for a Jessie Room (Toy Story) and that Lily can walk."
Tonight, I found a few of these seeds on the counter and I almost threw them in the garbage. Then I thought about Eryn's wish. I thought, do I want to be that person in Lily's life who says, "No. That's impossible." or "She will never do that." I would rather be that encouraging, hopeful voice that says, "Why not." or "Let's give it a try." or "Anything is possible." So, with that in mind instead of throwing them out, I kissed those little seeds and joined Eryn in her wish for Lily to walk as I tossed them into the dirt out back. :)



3 comments:
Oh the faith of a child! Lily and I may have to wait until the next life to walk without the aid of crutches and braces but remember my parents were told that I wouldn't even sit up alone and look at me now! You can do it Lily!
I absolutely loved this post! It's amazing how children can have and bring so much hope and optimism. Could've been a MUSTARD seed with how much faith was put into it. :)
That is sweet. My kids have both also said prayers that Lily's legs will be all better and she can walk.
Post a Comment