In an effort to find a way to be grateful for the snow, I have been thinking about it all day. I got up and shoveled the snow, and I thought about it. I shoveled it from our front steps and then our driveway before the girls went off to school all bundled up in their boots and coats. The shoveling turned out to be great exercise; the first exercise I've gotten in a while. I felt grateful for that. I continued to think about it later in the day as I was running errands. I got out at the post office with my two little ones and helped Jojo hop over the snow in the parking lot. At Costco I parked as close as I could to avoid more slushy snow. Lily's hands still got wet and dirty from pushing her wheelchair in the parking lot. I went through the drive thru at Wallgreens, McDonalds and D.I. and felt grateful for the fact that there are so many drive-thrus in Utah (doesn't everywhere have a drive-thru here?). Then as I was on the road home a thought came to me, that has really made me feel sincere gratitude. I remembered a scripture from the New Testament:
Isaiah 1:18 ". . .though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow. . ."
Wow. What a wonderful way to look at it. If the snow can be a reminder to me of the cleansing power of the atonement, then, I think I can make it through the winter okay. I am grateful that today I have been able to change my attitude and turn something I dread into something that can turn my heart to Jesus Christ, my Savior.



No comments:
Post a Comment