Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day #3 Joel

This is an old picture, but a cute one of Joseph and Joel at the 2009 Fathers and Sons Campout.

Our son, Joseph has asthma. For him any kind of a cold can throw him into a two or three week "episode" where he coughs and really struggles to breathe. Usually at night it gets worse. Last night was one of those nights. Joel and I have learned to recognize the sound of that scary cough in the middle of the night that needs attention, and we heard it. It's all a little bit of a blur to me, because I got to stay asleep, but Joel got up and took care of it. He gave him his puffer, laid down with him, and helped him get comfortable. This is typical for Joel. I don't let him do all of the hard work, believe me. But Joel has never hesitated to really pitch in and help with the kids.

I am so grateful for Joel. I count him as one of the greatest blessings in my life and I am thankful that I have him as my eternal partner.

**I'm sharing gratitude every day on my blog for one full year! Read about The Gratitude Project and join me! It's not too late. :)

1 comment:

Kahilau said...

We both scored huh? Way to show up Joel!