Tonight I was preparing Joseph and Lily for bed, when I got the idea to pull out some music books I knew they would enjoy. We sat together in Joseph's bed and I began singing song after song to them. It felt so good to bond with them doing something I love. They love music and also enjoyed the pictures that go with each song. Eryn joined us part-way through and sang along to lots of the songs. I was so thrilled to hear her sing and to know that she is becoming familiar with so many primary songs. These are moments I cherish in my monotonous days of laundry, dishes, driving, sweeping, etc.
Just for fun, these are the books we sang from. Both are books I grew up with. The lowest book has pretty old-fashioned songs, but my kids have always loved them and enjoyed the big, colorful pictures.

3 comments:
At this point in my life, most of the music I make is for my kids, and I love it. It is a huge part of our daily interactions...silly songs, bed time songs, songs I sing just for them. I am with you on this one :)
Last week I boarded a plane for Idaho via Salt Lake City. A very nice stewardess who is a friend of yours saw my daughter's braces and asked if she had spina bifida. She gave me your blog information and I enjoyed learning about your daughter tonight. We have 5 children and our youngest, Melody, has SB and is 17 months old. I blog about our journey as well at treasurefromhim.blogspot.com. We have a wonderful spina bifida clinic here in Southern CA, but I have yet to find a local support group. Blessings, Sara
Meilani,
You're doing an amazing job keeping up on your grattitude blogging. You are very inspirational and it's fun to see all the precious memories you are recording for your family. Way to go!
Post a Comment