Flying without children!
Our flight out ended up being four hours delayed!! Joel and I were so happy to be together and on our way, that it hardly fazed us. Here we were trapped on a plane with a broken part and we were eating ice cream, watching movies and reading our books as if we were on a leisurely cruise. Thank goodness we didn't have to deal with the kids during those four extra hours!!
Hawaii TempleWe were able to attend the temple on Oahu during our one full day on the island. We were married there, so we are always grateful for the chance to return together.
The Magic of Holding a Baby
We got to visit with my cousins Micah, Jill and Alissa one night on Oahu. It was so nice to spend time with them. I got to hold their baby for a short while and was honestly blown away by how magical it felt. I love my children and I really try to enjoy each moment with them. But I have the bad habit of thinking about what I need to do next while I am holding my babies. This was a great reminder to me that I need to slow down and enjoy the sweetness and the joy my children have to offer.
Adventure
We decided to be adventurous and ride bikes down Haleakala (from 7000 ft.) on one of our days in Maui. I knew it would be a stretch for me to do something like this, but we went for it and had a wonderful time! The views were beautiful and the surroundings were so peaceful and quiet. I am so glad we did it and look forward to more adventures together.
LaughterJoel and I live a pretty busy, stressful life. Being together on this trip has reminded me how well we get along. I have really enjoyed the laughter and the fun.
Ruth & IsiI am so grateful to Joel's parents for making this trip possible. They took great care of the kids while we were gone. Ruth showered the kids with attention and gifts. She also took very careful care of Lily, cathing her regularly, giving her medicine and sleeping with her every night. A special thanks to Grandpa Isi for taking care of Jojo's medicine, reading him stories, and cleaning up poopy underwear!



3 comments:
I got a quicke glimpse of Joel at the Temple and was bummed I didn't get to say hi! You both deserve the break!!!!
What FUN things to do as a couple! You're both such good parents and good PEOPLE; glad you had a nice little reprieve from the commotion and busy-ness of day-to-day living.
Looking good guys! Way to go doing something adventerous and out of the ordinary. Sounds fun. I wish we could travel together sometime with you guys.
Post a Comment