I was reading the promise of the Book of Mormon in Moroni 10 recently and decided to backtrack one verse, to number 3. It says:
"Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things and ponder it in your hearts."
After reading this verse, I thought I would try to study and ponder the idea of God's Mercy. As I have studied, I have been humbled to realize that the word mercy is all over the scriptures and is always used in relation to God (or as a description of him). I have come to recognize our Heavenly Father as a loving God of mercy. This has gotten me thinking about how He extends mercy to me personally in my own life. I feel humbled by the idea and have recognized so many merciful gifts and "tender mercies" over the years. Becoming aware of mercy as a "God-like" quality has made me want to show mercy more often to others. I am still human and make lots of mistakes, but my hope is that I might soften and change by study and prayer a little at a time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment