Friday, May 21, 2010

Good News

Anna is pictured here with her sweet cousin Ileina. Our bad luck rubbed off on Ileina last weekend when we were together and she fell and broke a bone in her shoulder. It just so happened that she was at Primary Children's Orthopedics the same day Anna and I were there. Anna got her cute pink cast on and Ileina got a sling. The good news is that we thought Anna's cast would be on for six weeks, but we were told she only needed one week in a cast!! I couldn't believe it. We are so happy that our summer fun won't be hampered by a cast. Ileina also got some good news. No casting or bracing necessary. Just a sling for two weeks. Yay. We like good news.

Eryn also had her follow up appointment with Urology and we learned to catheterize her through her belly button. I am happy to say that so far so good. Cathing has been pretty easy. We still have a lot of kinks to work out, but things are looking good. Eryn's foot is also on the mend. Her walking is great now and the affected muscles are finally starting to show some action and strength. The good news for Eryn is that she can now go swimming and take baths! Hooray. Thanks for all of your sympathy and concern. It's nice to be sharing some good news for once.

4 comments:

Kahilau said...

Meilani,
You sure do deserve ALL the good news the word has to offer! So glad to hear it!

Elayne's Travel Blog said...

Happy that everything is looking up for you all. Can't wait to see you next week. Love ya.

Shannan said...

Hey Lanzo Joe brought the computer to the hospital so I could see the blog and comments. I am sorry I missed you the other day because I would have loved to have talked to you. we will be here for about 5-6 more days and many more times over thee next 6 months so I'm sure we will meet up here at the hospital again at some point. Watching your child suffer and miss out and ask you if he will die is jus about the worst thing isn't it? I am still in shock. Anyway, I'm sure Ill see you later. thanks for your support. love shannan

Jeremy and Annisha and family said...

Sounds like you guys will be heading for the pool!! We're so happy things are looking up!