Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Visit from the Guillen Family

The Guillen family came for a visit this week as they dropped their oldest daughter off at EFY. I love them so much. It has been a real treat for me to spend time with them. I lived with them for 6 months in Guatemala on my mission. He was bishop at the time (he was only 28 yrs old) and they were so kind to me. Looking back I realize that I felt really lonely being away from my home and family for so long. They became a great comfort to me. This year Gustavo's mom passed away. She was a rock of faith in their home and a big example to me. I loved her very much as well.

Jojo and their son Luis Eduardo got along really well. I am also excited any chance I get to get to know their daughters better. I knew Laura when she was 2 years old and they named their second daughter Melanie after me.

It is amazing to me how the older I get the more beautiful these kinds of relationships become. 


No comments: