Sunday, June 3, 2012
Trip to Texas
I took a short trip to Texas last month to visit my brother and his family. Mike and Shawna were generous enough to take in my sweet friend, Damaris to live with them. I got to help get her settled and ready for school to start. I knew Damaris as a 12 year old on my mission in Guatemala. I can't believe she is now a returned missionary going to college. It was wonderful to reconnect with her and to spend time with Mike's family in their last few days of school. Joel and I feel blessed by the opportunity to help Damaris on her way to getting a great education. Mike and Shawna are also making a huge contribution to her growth and her goals. I am so grateful for their support.
We put this little desk together from a kit one afternoon when I was there. She needed one in her room for studying. It looks so easy and simple to put together from this picture. Not so simple in real life. :) I'm just glad the drawer actually opens and closes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment