Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Day #258 - Family Time (for Mon. Aug. 8th. . . I'm still catching up)

We went bowling tonight for Family Home Evening. Surprisingly it is rare for us to do something like this alone without another family or a tag along friend. So I was grateful for the chance to have some fun with just us. Eryn beat us all and helped Anna and the other kids line up the bowling stand just right for their turns. Jojo made all kinds of funny moves while trying to line his ball up just right - eying the pins and lining his arm up with one eye closed. Anna was a good sport (not always the case). Lily really enjoyed playing. She loves to be in places where she can wander around in her wheelchair. She also rolls up to the ball on the stander and pushes it off toward the pins.

Another funny moment with Lily in public: One of the women who works in the bowling alley quietly watched Lily then brought her some popcorn for free as a gift. These kind of things are happening more frequently. It's not offensive to me. I am sure that people have good intentions, but it's sooooo unnecessary and kind of feels ridiculous.

2 comments:

Mibi and Lee said...

I think that people who do things like give free popcorn, aresimply responding to the spirit that Lily has...in the only way they know how to. We all know the fruits of the spirit are love, peace, charity, etc. so I think when people see lily, its not that they feel bad for her...its that they are overwhlemed by her sweet spirit and are moved to react in acts of kindness:) Love your grattitude blog!!! Makesme think of things I am blessed with!

Hoku said...

Please don't feel annoyed; it sounds like something I'd probably do responding to such a sweet spirit, as "Mibi and Lee" expressed.