Monday, August 22, 2011
Day #252 - Necklace Story
This past Christmas, the Alvarado family came to visit us from Guatemala. Their daughter, Marian had a wonderful time getting to know the youth in our ward while she was here. The Young Women in our ward were very sweet and included her in a lot of activities and holiday parties as well as their regular Sunday meetings. After she and her family returned home some of our leaders had the idea to friendship her ward Young Women. They made necklaces for every one of the girls in Marian's YW group and mailed them with a picture and a letter. Just recently I got a response from the youth in Guatemala. They LOVED the necklaces and have appreciated the friendship offered. They posted our YW picture on their bulletin board and sent a picture of themselves wearing the necklaces.
I am so thankful for our YW leaders who followed inspiration to do this little project. Having served in Guatemala myself, I know how much this simple act of kindness means to those girls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment