A funny thing happened while we were getting our food in the cafeteria. A woman watched Anna and Lily for a while, then she approached them. She commented on how cute Lily was in her wheelchair and then she told Anna what a good big sister she was and handed her a handful of change. Ha ha ha. I totally agree. Anna is a great big sister. The fist full of quarters just cracked me up, though. :)Update on Lily: Lily is doing very well. All of her specialists were pretty positive about her progress. The concerns right now are:
- getting her on a good bowel program so that we can get her to poop once a day at the same time and keep her from having accidents (I am not too excited about working on this)
- her left foot is turning in pretty bad. We are considering re-casting it in the future.
- Lily's weight gain is really slow-going. We are still trying to get help with her eating issues.
Outside of these issues, Lily is doing great! Physically she is strong and very mobile. Her shunt appears to be working properly and her bladder is in good shape at this point. No high pressures, no reflux, no serious kidney issues so far. I do not take these non-issues for granted! I know Lily is lucky not to have too many complications at this time.



1 comment:
Good to hear that Lily is doing good! She is such a beautiful strong little girl with amazing parents!!!
Post a Comment