We are moving! We feel very blessed to have found a home for rent within my sister's ward boundaries and Anna's school boundaries as well. It is just right for what we need right now until we feel ready to buy something. So we will be making the move in a few days.
We got a new car! Okay it is actually a used 2004 Nissan Quest. But man, it feels new. =) We are loving having our own wheels again. Anna and Eryn are loving the DVD player in it.
Lily and I attended our first Spina Bifida Clinic appointment a few weeks ago. It was wonderful. The way it works is that all of the families arrive around the same time in the morning. Then each family is placed in a room down a long hall. The doctors then roam the halls going in and out of each room all morning long. This way families can see multiple specialists all in one visit and doctors can communicate with eachother easily about each patient. We arrived a little early, so we were one of the first few to arrive. As I sat in the waiting room filling out paperwork I was very impressed. Family after family arrived, filling up the waiting room. Each child with spina bifida displayed different degrees of capability. Some were still babies being carried or pushed in a stroller. Others were walking with no aid whatsoever. Others had walking devices or wheelchairs. All were surrounded by loving parents. There was a very sweet feeling in that room and I just felt blessed to be there.
The doctors were so positive and capable. The main information we got dealing with Lily is that she will be needing some bladder studies in a few months to better understand what kind of function she has there. Until then we will still be cathing her every four hours (which we have gotten much better at doing). They think she will need surgery on her clubbed feet between nine months to a year old. Other than that we have some people coming to the house to start working on physical therapy in the next month.
My friend Daylynne came with me to the clinic as moral support. She and I went to school together in Hawaii and lived down the street from each other. Our families are very close. In fact when I found out about Lily, she was one of the first people I thought of. This is because she is the only person I knew with spina bifida. Anyway, she is taking the opportunity to help me as much as she can and I feel very blessed by her love and positive support. It was great to have her imput and company.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Hey Meilani! Beautiful blog and beautiful family!! I found you off of Brandy's blog...So, you are moving, but where do you live now?? Hope you are doing well!!!
-Janette
Congratulations on the house and the car and Lily's progress. How wonderful to have Daylynne there to help you and provide perspective.
what a blessing it is to be able to receive support and knowledge there in utah. i'm so glad things are falling into place for you all there.
Yay for you guys! It will be so nice to start getting settled, and in a ward where you already have a support network is a huge blessing! We have a Nissan quest...its nice and big inside. We have spent a great deal of time in waiting rooms full of children with special needs. I know exactly what you were talking about. You guys remain in our thougths and prayers.
So great to catch up on your life Meilani. Sure do miss you!
That is cool that Daelynn came with you to the appointment. Sounds like Utah has much more of a support system and exprienced medical help that you were looking for compared to Hawaii.
Post a Comment