Thursday, September 18, 2008

Swimming Lessons!!




So. . . for a while now whenever we bring up the idea of baptism to Anna, her response has been something like "No way. I do not want to get baptized!" I came to realize that this is because she does not like the idea of having to hold her breath under the water. So, since she is turning seven soon, I decided it was time for some serious swimming lessons. =) So far both the girls are doing well and improving very quickly. Eryn is a little more nervous. You can see it in her face. But I am so happy that they can finally start to tackle these important water skills.

4 comments:

Kahilau said...

Is Anna really turning seven??? Oh my, what great insight for you to know that she is just afraid of the water. Erin does look scared but she won't be for long! Nice work mom!

lilia said...

see I was just going to leave my comment about your insight as a mommy- but kahi beat me to it he he he. It looks like so much fun. My girls are missing their swimming lessons.

Stephanie said...

My daughter Saydria was the same way about baptism. She's 6 now and is ready for it, but about a year ago she was not!! Cute pics!

Patria said...

Meilani and Joel- Mark and I were sitting here and checking out your blog together to catch up on how you guys were doing. We learned in your updates about Lily and that you guys have a lot going on in your family right now. We wanted to write that we are adding our love and prayers to the many that are already being sent your way. I think it is quite apparent that you and Joel have always had amazing gifts that enable you to take this journey with Lily. The experience will not only deeply touch everyone in your family, but those of us who know you as friends too. We hope to see you guys soon. Love to your family!
-Patria and Mark