It is official. We are going to have our baby in Utah. It has been a long road to get to this decision. But we feel good about it. Thankfully, we will have a lot of great support there from both sides of the family. We will also have the blessing of working with more experienced doctors. We will be going as a family just before Thanksgiving. Please continue to keep us in your prayers. We continue to feel blessed by your support in this way.
As an example of your prayers working for us, I would like to share a small experience I had recently. The day before we left for California was a Sunday. I was feeling very nervous and anxious about everything, trying my very best to simply trust in the Lord. But I was struggling. During the sacrament I offered up a desperate prayer, "Heavenly Father, I am going to do this but you can't leave us alone. In the moment we have to make a decision, please do not leave us alone." As I sat contemplating, immediately I realized a hymn was running through my mind. And it was a specific verse of that hymn. It went, "Fear not, I am with thee. Oh be not dismayed. For I am thy God and will still give thee aid. I'll strengthen thee, help thee and cause thee to stand, upheld by my righteous, upheld by my righteous, upheld by my righteous omnipotent hand." As I read on, every verse of the hymn "How Firm A Foundation" seemed to apply directly to us. I went on to read the accompanying scriptures noted at the bottom of the hymn. One reads:
"And now my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation, that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fail." Helaman 5:12
Joel and I have had other quiet experiences recently where Heavenly Father's love and His awareness of our specific situation have been made know to us. These experiences continue to teach me that God loves each of us and knows each of us on such a personal level.
Love to you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
Meilani,
Thank yu for sharing those small miracles with us. I am excited you will be having your little one here. We can't wait to meet her! Will you have her in Salt Lake? Provo? PLEASE let us know what we can do to be there for you in anyway!
Love you guys,
The Wingets
Your testimony is so beautiful and touching, thank you for sharing it. We had a baby in UT earlier this year and it was such a marvelous experience. I did not know the doctors or the hospital, but the staff was so knowledgeable and helpful that I was very pleased to be in their care. I know your situation is dramatically different, but I also know the kind of care available to you there and am confident you will be in excellent hands. And, what a blessing to be surrounded by so much family as well.
Meilani -
Thank you so much for sharing your testimony and blessings with us. It reminds me that I too can have courage and that the Lord is ALWAYS right there and He will lead if we let Him. I am so happy that you will have so much support in Utah. And what a blessing that you can have both family support and great doctors. I know that the Lord will continue to bless and keep you. Love Lilia
good luck hun! i think that's the best choice too :) i think of you guys all the time and hope everything goes well in utah!
I am so touched by the quiet ways the spirit works in our lives. Thank you for sharing this experience. I know that you know we are here and we'd love to help in any way we can. We've got tons of space now that the basement is done and my kids would be ecstatic to play with yours if the opportunity presents itself. We sure love you guys.
Any way we can help please let us know!!! We will gladly take any of the kids anytime :) Hope you are doing well and look forward to talking to you guys soon!
Ofa lahi atu,
Aunty Liana
I've been amazed by your strength through this challenging time. This baby is so fortunate to be able to come to such a wonderful family. Thanks for sharing your sweet experiences. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Thanks for sharing that Meilani. I am continually thinking about you and Joel and pray that you will have the strength you need to have faith in the Lord when you are feeling overwhelmed.
Hey Meilani! It's me Ardis...where in Utah are you having Baby Lily? Hope you don't mind me hopping over to "niele" your blog..found you on Pume's blog. Hope all is well!
Post a Comment