It is confirmed that Joel and I are on our way to San Francisco to the University of Califronia SF on Labor Day. This is for the last stage of evaluation for becoming a part of the study. Most likely we will be accepted into the study. At that point we will be able to make a final decision (to participate or not). This is after major testing on me and the baby, and lots of interviews with doctors, social workers, financial advisers etc. After saying yes, we will be assigned by a computer to either fetal surgery or post birth surgery. We will let you know what happens.
Interested in learning more about spina bifida? Here is a website with good information:
www.spinabifidaassociation.org
At this point I am just trying to enjoy time with my family before I go. Being chosen for fetal surgery will be hard on all of us. But hopefully it will be what is best in the long run.
On a lighter note, we went to the zoo today with the kids and had a nice time. Joseph is getting so much more coordinated and grown-up these days. The girls also got him saying "ma ma" and "da da" and "a-nna" and "hi-ya" in the car all the way to the zoo. He really hasn't said any specific words until this point. So it was very fun.
I also talked Joel into taking a big load of stuff to the dump this morning!! A very big accomplishment to get him to do it. I am so glad to get rid of that stuff taking up space on my back patio. Thank you Joel. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
meilani, i'm emailing you!
Thanks for the update. Hope everything goes well in Cali and you guys are always in our prayers.
Lani- I'm going to be in area for moral support (like Heather)! Let's meet up if possible.
I hope everything goes well. We'll miss you while you're gone!
Our thoughts and prayers will be with you on Labor day weekend. What a great opportunity for you to not only get some surgery that could possibly make a lot of difference in Lily's life but also put you in contact with people who know a lot about her condition. What a blessing. Keep us posted.
Love you guys,
The Wingets
We love you and will be thinking often of you often this weekend! Call us when you can. Ofa lahi atu!
Post a Comment