I finally started teaching voice lessons again about a month ago. It feels great to be back into it. Sometimes I forget that whole part of me exists when I am so wrapped up in mothering. I have been teaching voice lessons since I graduated from college in 2001 and I have loved the experience. I enjoy teaching and feel very fulfilled when I am doing it. With the addition of each child I usually take a break until I feel ready to start again. For whatever reason during that break, I lose a little confidence in myself. On top of that it is such a transition to welcome a new member into the family, for me that it takes me a while to unscramble my brain from it all. Does anyone else relate??? This is probably why it took me almost a year to start again.
Anyway, I am teaching one group voice class in Laie to 5 teenage girls. Heather Murdock and my voice teacher from college, Vicki, both encouraged me to give group lessons a try. So instead of working one on one with the girls as I have done in the past, I put them all together in a group class. It has been great so far. Although I find that I must be even more sensitive to their tender self-esteem and more prepared with a lot of positive energy.
Our family is enjoying the weekly visits to Grandma Ruth and Grandpa Isi's as well as opportunities for Temple attendance and general fun in Laie. So, over all it is working well. I am thinking about starting another class in August on this side of the island. We will see how everything goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
That's great, Meilani!! I'm proud of you, an inspired
That is wonderful! Best wishes to you in this endeavor! You have a lot to offer--wish we were closer, I would have you give me some tips with Ileina ;)
How could you ever doubt your God given talent? Do you want to move to UT again and by my neighbor? You have until June to decide.
Good for you Meilani! You are a great teacher. I had such a great time taking lessons for you those few times we did it. I'm glad it's working out for you. I hope you get all your confidence back real soon!
Hi guys I just wanted to say Hi to you guys and the you have one beautiful family. Joseph is so big he looks like the girls. i can't wait for you to come and visit utah and be able to meet joseph. I have a blog at http:/bionickatie.blogspot.com feel free to visit it sometime.
Cousin Katie
Love it Lani! Best of luck with the group. I hope you and the kids really like it cause you get a lot more done and i think the kids will benifit from having to sing in front of each other more then in private. Plus you get more money in less time ;) Always a good thing. Love ya.
PS: neva doubt bumbai you loose da bagah.
Post a Comment