Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Caps for Sale

I took the opportunity to be a volunteer reader in Anna's class on Monday. In celebration of Dr. Seuss' Bday the entire school had volunteers come in and read for the first few hours. I was very excited for the chance to participate, so I called Amy and got lots of ideas and encouragement.

Anna was very excited that morning. She woke up early, got herself dressed immediately and set the table for breakfast.

I read an old favorite to her class, Caps for Sale. After reading we did a game. One boy and one girl came up the the front and one by one the children took turns piling hats up on top of their heads trying to see who could balance the most. They giggled and laughed and had a fun time.

That night after scripture reading, Anna said the prayer. She specifically thanked Heavenly Father for her mom coming to read to her class. What a sweet moment. As a side note she finished the prayer asking that her brother get well. Then she asked when the prayer was done if he was still sick. We told her that he's been better for a while now. So then she just rolled her eyes up to heaven and said, "never mind!". Joel and I just cracked up. What a funny girl. She has definitely become more thoughtful and specific in her prayers for which I am grateful.

4 comments:

Kelly Nordfelt said...

What a great mother you are indeed! Who wouldn't love a mom who reads to them (and gives them goldfish and pretzels for snacks)!
I can totally picture her rolling her eyes. What a crack up!

liesl said...

What a riot! I have really loved the chances I've had to go into Sarah's class and help. It's nice to be able to relate and share that "away" part of their life with them. I also really love to listen to my kids pray about specific things. Ella is especially cute in her prayers. She still prays for her Grandpa so he won't be lonely up in heaven and things like that.

Patria said...

What a darling blog! We happened across it and love it. Mexico sounded amazing! Also, I love the Maya Angelou quote you have on the blog- I used to have that quote on my blog awhile ago- we're kindred spirits! (:
patria and mark

Kei said...

How fun! You always have the best ideas! Glad to see you've added to your blog.