Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Visit from Dear Friends

Guillen Family, friends from my mission to Guatemala

Two 10 year olds, Melanie and Anna

Laura was three years old when I lived with them. Isn't she so grown up and gorgeous??? She is smart and talented too.

Melanie, named after me. Beautiful and sweet girl!

We had a visit from a family from my mission over Conference weekend. I lived with the Guillen family as a missionary in Guatemala for six months. Our missionary "apartment" was attached to their house, so I was able to get to know their family very well. I loved the time I had with them. They gave me a lot of support and love. At the time they only had one daughter, Laura who was only three years old and Bro. Guillen was Bishop of the ward. After returning home from my mission I received word that they were expecting another baby. When she was born they decided to name her . . . Melanie, after me. :) I have always wanted to meet my namesake! Finally, after 10 years, we were able to meet for the first time. She is adorable! I love her and felt so much joy in spending time with her (and her family). Their whole family is doing well, and living in Reno, Nevada now. I am looking forward to many more visits with this exemplary and wonderful family!!

No comments: