I want to share this amazing video of Lily climbing stairs on the playground all by herself!!
Lily's physical therapist taught me how to work with her on playground equipment last summer. Since then I have been taking her to the park as a way to play and "work." Winter was long and we didn't get to the park much, but now with the warmer weather we are back in action. Normally I help her do stairs by encouraging her to go up then I support her body from behind. Today, for the first time, she was able to climb those stairs without my support. I can't explain my emotion and excitement when I realized she didn't need me anymore. Letting go and just watching her was such a blessing.
This achievement means so much for her, but also hopefully it can bring hope to other people! I watched a youtube video last year of a boy with no arms or legs climbing the stairs. It amazed me and gave me so much hope for Lily. I hope that this video can do the same for others out there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Awesome! What a triumph and a lesson to me about how determination and loving support can help us all tackle hard challenges.
Im so grateful for your blog Meilani...it humbles and uplifts me to see your strength and lendurance. THank you for sharing your life with us...I cried like a baby watching this video and I am so happy for Lily:) Love to Joel and the kids...Mibi
LOVE IT!!!!!!
Yeah Lily!!! She is going to have some buff arms by the time the summer is over. :)
Post a Comment