Sunday, March 28, 2010

Oh Mexico!


Joel and I went zip-lining through the jungle while we were there in Mexico. It was probably the most adventurous thing I have ever done. We had a great time, though. The views were beautiful.
Views from our hotel room. It was great to be close to the ocean again.


Joel and I went on a vacation to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico in February. It was wonderful! Joel won the trip through his job and it couldn't have come at a better time. We had been struggling with Eryn's medical issues since November and I was completely worn out from all of the doctor visits, tests and the stress involved. So needless to say, it was a much needed break. We had a wonderful time and enjoyed some real rest and relaxation.

One of the best parts of the trip was re-connecting with Joel. We were able to remember how much we enjoy being together. I also loved being able to read non-stop. I read The Hunger Games obsessively. It was so good. When I finished, I made Joel read it, while I read the second book. He loved the series as well.

Thanks to my parents who took over our kids for five days. They learned for weeks leading up to the trip how to catheterize Lily, how to follow Eryn's bladder schedule, how to care for Eryn's urine bag at night, how to dispense Eryn and Joseph's medicine and all of the other details of my kids needs. They took perfect care of the kids and really helped me to feel comfortable leaving.

8 comments:

Kelly Nordfelt said...

I didn't believe the zip-line story until now! Look at you being WiLd and CrAzY!! :)

Your parents are so wonderful to learn how to care for your children so you could go on that vacation. I am glad you got to get away- as hard as that probably was!

Jeremy and Annisha and family said...

I'm so glad you guys got that get-away. I can't think of anyone more deserving! Glad you had a great time!

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

your parents sounds awesome. Every mom deserves a break.

liesl said...

We did a jungle zipline thing in Alaska and I thought it was a blast (though scary beforehand). I'm so glad you and Joel got some time alone together.

Rebecca McAllister said...

Oh Meilani! What a great thing for you guys to get away! So happy for you! Your parents ARE awsome! :)

Jenn said...

Awesome! What a fun vacation! Oh, and happy birthday Jo Jo!

The Araki Ohana said...

I'm so glad that I decided to read your blog today. What an adventurous trip. Yohei and I should try that sometime in the near future. By the way, Happy B-day to Jo Jo. He is such a big boy now. We miss all of you very much. So happy to know that you had a great time with Joel.

Naomi said...

Meilani . . . I haven't read everyone's blogs for almost 9 months and so I had a lot of catching up to do. Can I just say that you inspire me. You are an amazing mother and I find strength in knowing that I have a friend like you that I can draw strength from just from your example. Congratulations on a beautiful trip to Mexico. I'm so happy you were able to take a well deserved break.