
Lily got her last set of casts removed about three weeks ago. We decided to really sign them up, since we didn't on her other casts. She looks funny in this picture because she was half crying. Anyway, I wanted to do a little dance when her last casts came off in celebration. Dr. says her feet look great.

Now Lily is on to the phase where she wears a brace attached to special shoes. The brace and shoes keep her feet in a good position and hopefully her feet will not be tempted to turn back into their original club foot position. She gets to wear this contraption for three months all day long and then will only need to wear it at nap and bedtime until she is three. I can't believe I am actually getting used to it, but I am. The shoes had quite the dramatic start, though. She immediately got sores and blisters on her feet because they did not fit right. Then her feet swelled up really bad. I was very upset about it and felt semi-responsible for not asking more questions when I thought they didn't fit properly. Anyway, luckily it all worked out over a period of about two weeks once we got the new shoes. Otherwise she is growing really well and enjoying life.
7 comments:
We miss you and your wonderful family, Meilani. It is good to hear that lily is progressing well.
what a doll!!!!!! miss you!
What a beauty!
I'm so glad to hear she is doing well! Such a cutie! Hang in their Mommy - dont beat yourself up if you don't know everything. This is all new to you. =)
Love you Joel and Meilani!
Brenda
Hello Meilani, Joel, and the kids,
It's so good to see everyone doing really well. She's such a beautiful baby girl. It's so nice to be able to see all of you on here. We miss getting together with you and hope that someday we'll be able to see each other again. May you continue to "walk in the light of His love" and have the strength to take care of your cute little family.
Oh she is so cute! Thanks for sending this link so I can see what you guys look like. It was great to talk to you the other day. Let's definitely keep in touch. Good luck with all you are doing!
Love, Shawni
Hey Kongaikas!
So happy to see Lily is doing so well. What an adorable family you have.
Take care,
The Perritons. XXX
Post a Comment