Thursday, March 12, 2009

Playing Catch-Up

Life has been pretty busy lately. Joel had a visit to the ER a few weeks ago and we found out he had pneumonia and the super flu. That was exciting. So he was down recovering for a week while I was trying not to have a break-down. I was pretty stressed out about handling everything without his help and trying not to get sick myself. As a great blessing to me, the Relief Society jumped in and brought us meals all week. We had more food than we knew what to do with, but it was very helpful to us. Thank goodness, Joel is healthy again and my mental health is in tact (I think).=)
Anna and her cousin Gabe performed recently in a patriotic program at school. Anna was talking about this and practicing for it for weeks. She was very excited. Two of my favorite songs performed were "We're Coming to America" (It cracked me up to hear them sing this one, "Far. . . we've been traveling far. . . without a home. . ." too cute) and "What's More American".

This picture is priceless. Grandma Ruth came for a visit!! She and Lily met for the first time and of course, Lily was charmed. Ruth is very good with babies and got her to smile quite a bit while she was here. I am so grateful for her visit. It was great to spend time with her and very helpful to have her support with the kids while Joel was traveling for work.

Lily is doing very well with her casting. The Dr. has been changing her casts weekly and adjusting the foot position each time. The left foot was a little bit more stiff than the right. But so far, it looks like she will not need any feet surgery at all. I am glad that everything has gone well. But we still have a ways to go with about three weeks worth of casts and a few months of wearing the shoes with the bar.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Dalynne said...

Hey Melani, I've been thinking about you the last few days. Unfortunately I can't call you now because I had to get a new phone on Friday and I lost all my Contact information! I was able to retrieve some numbers but not all of them. Will you send me your #? Hope you are all feeling better now! Love ya!

P.S. I haven't been feeling well myself otherwise I'd come for another visit! Hopefully soon though!

Jenn said...

She looks so beautiful! What a cute little girl, definitely looks like a Kongaika!

Stephanie said...

Hi Meilani and Joel...I was getting caught up on your posts and your little Lily is just beautiful and I'm glad to read that everything is going so well for her and for the rest of your family. I'll be sure to check on you more often, I've missed a lot! Take care!

lilia said...

Lily so beautiful. We think of you all often and it was fun to see Joel. Thanks for all you do for us.

Sarah said...

Just found your blog through other BYU-H friends. Congrats on Lily, she is beautiful. Take Care