Friday, May 30, 2008

Hungry and Tired

So everyone asks me. . . "how are you feeling?" This is my response to all of you: hungry and tired. I feel great as long as food is in my mouth or my eyes are closed in sleep. I am realizing that pregnancy is not easier the more times you become pregnant. It's just as hard or harder. Or maybe I just have a bad attitude right now. So here are some things I am grateful for (trying to cheer myself up):

I am going to Utah in three weeks to see my family and especially my parents who I have not seen in a very long time.

Joseph is a great sleeper (finally), putting himself to sleep peacefully with out any fuss and sleeping for two long naps in the day and all night long!!!

I live in Hawaii

I have three beautiful children and one on the way.

I have a wonderful husband who is very supportive and helpful to me.

I have a strong testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Great extended family and friends surrounding me.

Good friends who listen to the spirit.

Dental insurance

I get to stay at home and raise my children (which has always been my desire, as much as I may complain and feel overwhelmed and get tired)

Functioning cars

People who listen to me.

Soft comfy pillows

Subway sandwiches

Oranges

Strawberries

Watermelon

Ice Cream

Okay. . . I'm hungry again. =)

So. . . here's to trying to be more grateful and having a better attitude. I have a good life and much to be grateful for.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks Kongs! I needed to read that. I think I need to make a list of things I'm grateful for on my blog. I love you!

Jeremy and Annisha and family said...

Thanks for the reminder to count my blessings. You are a great example.

Brenda said...

Hi! Congrats on the upcoming new arrival! I didn't know...guess its good to start browsing around again. I know what you mean about pregnancy getting harder the more you have. My doctor just said one time to chalk up some of what I was going through as being 'older' this time. Ok...so I know that is not a comfort but oh well. Our little Kirk is growing fast and is already 5 weeks old. Drop by to see him on our blog. Love and miss you guys!

Linsey said...

Wow, baby number 4, good for you! How are you guys? So great to find your blog - I love blogs, it makes it seem like we never lost track of anyone of anytime. Your children are darling!!

Jenn said...

What a great idea to count your blessings...you are so strong Meilani. I really admire you. Best of luck for your pregnancy and have a great time in Utah!